Thursday, January 10, 2008

Newport Beach Restaurant Week 2008

It's time! January 20th to the 24th is Newport Beach Restaurant Week 2008, with restaurants such as Abe Newport Beach, Chart House, The Cannery, Roy's, French 75, Five Crowns, Zov's, The Bungalow, Tommy Bahama's, just to name the restaurants I've eaten at (although admittedly not all in their Newport Beach locations).

This lineup looks pretty star-studded to me! :-)

p.s. Thanks to my wife who let me know about this! <3

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Newport Beach Restaurant Week 2008"

Blogger Vegasbuff said ... (January 12, 2008 at 2:35 PM) : 

Thanks for the heads up Julian.

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (January 12, 2008 at 6:17 PM) : 

Thanks - this looks great!

Blogger brekkie_fan said ... (January 13, 2008 at 11:46 AM) : 

Great post. Both my boss and a co-worker brought up the topic with me. Funny thing was I already had reservations booked. I love how it's over a holiday weekend. I think I'm doing Cannery for Monday lunch and Pomodoro for Tuesday dinner. My brother swears by the gemelli.

Blogger Unknown said ... (January 15, 2008 at 12:11 PM) : 

foodtube.net "Find a Video Recipe, or Add Your Own!"

Hello,

We would like to introduce our website, http://www.foodtube.net/ It's similiar to youtube except that it's all food videos. You can find video recipes from many countries around the world. You can also add your own video, or star in your own! Thanks for checking out the website. Please spread the word. Have fun!

info@foodtube.net

Blogger Julian Hsu said ... (January 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM) : 

My wife and I have already visited The Alley (last night) and The First Cabin (Sunday night). They're both alright- The First Cabin's menu turns out to be much more the culinary value. Service at The Alley was nice- although this is more a pub-style place with table seating than a restaurant with a bar, say.

First Cabin was in a really nice locale, valet parking only (but validated at the restaurant). If you have a large enough group, they might even give you a seat by the window (for two, nope).

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 2, 2008 at 8:39 AM) : 

Thanks again for the heads-up Julian! I took advantage of the specials as much as I could, which clearly isn't as often as some (unnamed food bloggers that we know) who go out all the time. I had lunch at what was supposed to be Cafe Jardin, at Sherman Gardens, only it was closed for renovation and the NBRW was held in the Tea Garden Creperie instead. Outside. In the (relative) cold. With no heaters. But the crepes were good.

Then dinner at Bayside, which was very good. Great salmon, nice ambiance, cool jazz piano.

Then dinner at Pascal's (Tradition), which was *excellent*. Okay, the service was, um, European-style slow, but the food was "don't talk to me, I'm busy tasting this" good. Beet salad, wow. Duck, yowsa. Lavender creme brule, yum. I'd had a just-okay experience there once for lunch and hadn't gone back, but will definitely be back again now.

All in all, a great week!

Blogger SarahW said ... (September 21, 2009 at 9:03 AM) : 

Great Blog..You should feature your services/products on the Newport-beach community, classifieds section.

Post a Comment