Friday, January 2, 2009

Wilma's Patio - on Balboa Island

Pardon my French, but Holy Crap! I had the absolute best breakfast today at Wilma's Patio, located on Balboa Island (Newport Beach). Wilma's has been in business since the 70's and not much has changed since then. Pretty much all the same people still work there.

For breakfast I had the Pumpkin Hotcakes combo ($10.75), which included choice of egg and meat. I had bacon (what better way to ring in the New Year!) and scrambled eggs with my pancakes. Sorry for no pictures.

Eating the pancakes was a blissful experience. They were not overly sweet, and had an undercurrent of nutmeg in the finish. I happily slathered my 3 hotcakes with butter and syrup. At first I thought there was no way I could finish 3 hotcakes, then after I was almost done with everything, was wondering if I should have gotten a full order. But my jeans are glad I didn't.

* Note: Pumpkin pancakes are a seasonal dish that Wilma's only serves during the winter.

Wilma's Patio
(On Balboa Island)
203 Marine Ave
Newport Beach, California 92662
949-675-5542

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Wilma's Patio - on Balboa Island"

Blogger V said ... (January 2, 2009 at 11:40 AM) : 

Forgot to mention... they DO take reservations for breakfast, and I thoroughly recommend it. :)
Otherwise be prepared to spend 20 minutes standing outside in the cold.

Blogger ila said ... (February 13, 2009 at 7:35 PM) : 

after i walk around the island, i like to indulge in their 'light breakfast', which is basically egg whites cooked any way you would like (scrambled, omelet...), fresh fruits, and toast. it's the only place i eat at on the island.

Anonymous Jual Pakaian Dalam said ... (November 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM) : 

Want to try wilma's pancake too
Visit me too in
Jual Pakaian Dalam Wanita and Jual Lingerie

Post a Comment