Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Arnone's Little Italy - Orange

Hello it's DanGarion from Eat In OC again with a new restaurant review. We go to the Target in the city of Orange a lot. And there have been a number of times I've contemplated going to the "hole in the wall" Italian place right next to it, but never did. Little did I know that Arnone's Little Italy isn't a hole in the wall after all. Arnone's is located in a small strip mall in the same parking lot as Target, the amazing thing is that Arnone's is actually huge inside; it's as big as some chain Italian restaurants. It even has a full bar!

Arnone's Dinner Salad Arnone's Cream of Bell Pepper Soup Arnone's Garlic Bread

When we entered we were immediately greeted by one of the owners, who greeted us saying, "Ah there you are, we were waiting for you!". I got a kick out of the comment; I like people with a sense of humor. We were seated immediately since it was still early there weren't many people eating dinner yet. Our waitress arrived shortly after us seating and took our orders. Mrs. DanGarion ordered the Penne Arrabbiata ($12.95), while I ordered the Spaghetti with meatballs ($15.95), something I don't normally get when I'm out). Each meal also comes with your choice of soup or salad. I went for the cream of bell pepper soup, while the Mrs. had a salad with vinaigrette. Along with entrees we got an order of garlic bread ($3.00).

Arnone's Pasta Arrabbiata Arnone's Spaghetti with Meatballs

The cream of bell pepper soup was pretty good. I'd never had such a soup in the past, and the closest soup I'd had to something like it was Campbell's Soup, Cream of Chicken Soup. But this soup was a lot better than that. It had a light taste of cream with just a hint of bell pepper. The only thing I would have changed in it was maybe for it to be a little thicker, but it had a good not overpowering flavor that got me ready for my meal course. Mrs. DanGarion's salad was just a normal dinner salad, made with mixed greens. The garlic bread was very basic, fresh sandwich bread cut and baked with garlic butter and parmiggiano cheese, it wasn't over done which was good. My spaghetti was very good, fresh tasting meat sauce with hints of basil along with 2 juicy meatballs that were just a little smaller then a pool ball. The servings are huge, hence the reason I took nearly half of the pasta home with me. The Penne Arrabbiata was made with a spicy tomato sauce also mixed with herbs and garlic. My wife liked it but thought it was a little spicy. I had a taste and the spicy tasted like a hint of red pepper flakes that would linger and then catch up with you as you swallowed. They also serve rolls which are freshly made, didn't get a taste of them since we had the garlic bread.

Service was great, both our waitress and the bus boy took great care of us and made sure our drinks were filled throughout our entire meal. The atmosphere doesn't make you feel like you are in a strip mall; they have done a good job to take you away into what could be a great family meal.

I also found this commercial of their's online while I was researching them.



Arnone's Little Italy - MySpace Page
2143 N Tustin St
Orange, CA 92865
(714) 974-7411

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Arnone's Little Italy - Orange"

Blogger Diamond Dog said ... (September 6, 2008 at 1:19 PM) : 

They used to have a guy singing Frank Sinatra Songs on the weekends. I think this a great OC restaurant. Nothing really special abut the food. But its is good and the people are really nice that work there and I as I recall a couple of the waitresses were pretty hot!

One of the sons (I think his name is Sal) used to go to some of the hip swanky lounges I went to and I would see him there. That's how I found out about this place.

I also like supporting the small independent guys!

Blogger DanGarion said ... (September 7, 2008 at 7:04 AM) : 

That's pretty much the same impression I got from the place, they just are really nice there. Didn't see any of the hot waitresses though, maybe we'll have to check it out again... ;)

Blogger Diamond Dog said ... (September 28, 2008 at 7:52 AM) : 

I think that this blog should be about places that the multiple writers try together. I don't really understand why people would write on this blog rather than their individual blogs and by the gaps of time between the posts, it would seem like that is a issue.

I think it would be cool to read reviews about restaurants the bloggers visited together, especially if they disagreed or had different opinions.

Anonymous Fencing Contractors Fort Worth said ... (August 15, 2022 at 10:20 PM) : 

Heello mate great blog post

Post a Comment