Monday, June 9, 2008

Riviera Magazine's Gourmet Issue

So earlier this year, around February, I was pinged by Kedric Francis, editor-in-chief of Riviera Magazine about what was my favorite spiciest dish in OC.

Easy! Thai Nakorn's Stir Fried Morning Glory.

I wrote back a quick e-mail and forgot all about it.

This weekend, while I was lolly-gagging at the magazine rack at the Barnes and Noble at Bella Terra, the first rag I encountered was, yes, you guessed it, Riviera. And then I remembered! And whaddayaknow...it was their "Gourmet Issue".

Along with my little ode to Thai Nakorn's dish on Page 124, the issue also includes a whole article that praises Tustin as an unlikely destination for ethnic eats and cites our own Chubbypanda, Chowhound.com, OC Weekly and myself as sources to find the good stuff in Irvine's quirky neighbor. Among the eateries mentioned: Japonaise Bakery and Cafe, Tropika, and of course, Honda Ya!

It's good to read that Tustin's getting its dues as a haven for OC foodies -- a fact I've been harping on for years.

Quickly, I plunked down $6.41 (that's $5.95 plus tax) and bought the thing. This was the May issue after all, and it's already June. Any day now and the whole month's inventory's going to the mulcher.

But you don't have to buy it to read it. Click HERE. Since it's already updated to the current month's issue, you will have to search for "May 2008" to find the articles.

Comments on "Riviera Magazine's Gourmet Issue"

Blogger Chubbypanda said ... (June 10, 2008 at 11:06 AM) : 

Nice article. I think I remember getting an email from the magazine for my spicy pick as well, but they didn't use it. =b Great quote from you, by the way.

Blogger Vegasbuff said ... (June 10, 2008 at 9:22 PM) : 

Congrats Elmo. Some well deserved props.

Blogger heathert said ... (June 12, 2008 at 11:24 AM) : 

Thai Nakorn is one of my favorites in the area! Does anyone know if the Garden Grove restaurant has reopened since the fire?

Blogger elmomonster said ... (June 17, 2008 at 1:18 PM) : 

CP and Vegasbuff,

Thanks guys. I just wish OCFOODBLOGS was also mentioned.

Heather,

Still not open yet. But the one in Stanton is doing boffo business.

Anonymous Samuel Jordan said ... (February 13, 2024 at 9:08 AM) : 

This was grreat to read

Post a Comment