Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Waba Grill Teriyaki House - Lake Forest



24354 Muirlands Blvd.
Lake Forest, CA 92630
949-768-8123

www.wabagrill.com

I recently visited the Waba Grill in Lake Forest for lunch. This is the restaurant that took over the spot of my beloved China Express. (Now New Panda in Coasta Mesa, but they're not the same.) Everything looks sleek and new inside the Waba Grill. The environment looks modern with a plasma screen tv on the wall showing CNN or something.

I looked at their menu board. Even though this is still a fairly new place, it looks like they recently raised their prices. Little pieces of paper with prices on them were taped over what I am assuming were their old prices up on the menu board. Their menu basically looked just like Flame Broiler. They even boasted that their food was super healthy. I wanted to try both their chicken and their steak, so I ordered the Chicken-Steak Plate ($7.09). It came with white rice, salad and some orange slices. If I had wanted all white meat chicken, it would have been an extra $1.25. Brown rice, and extra $1.00 and I could add avocado for $1.50.

It didn't take them long to make my meal and I took it to go. I grabbed a couple little cups of teriyaki sauce and hot sauce on my way out. I got back to my desk and opened the box. It looked exactly like Flame Broiler. I took a bite. It tasted exactly like Flame Broiler. I tried the sauces and they too tasted exactly like Flame Broiler. The meats were tender and juicy and the sauces tasted perfectly sweet. I devoured the entire plate.

I've been eating at Flame Broiler a long time now so it's what I'm familiar with. Looking at the back of the Waba Grill menu, I see that they have plenty of locations. I'm not really sure which restaurant came first, but in my mind they are exactly the same restaurant. The only difference is I think that Waba is more expensive.

Labels: , , ,

Comments on "Waba Grill Teriyaki House - Lake Forest"

Blogger Julian Hsu said ... (May 13, 2008 at 7:58 PM) : 

That doesn't sound quite like a pick or a pan! I have fond memories of eating Flame Broiler, down the street from my wife's school.. but, not so much that I'd want to eat at a copycat. :P

Blogger Chubbypanda said ... (May 22, 2008 at 10:40 PM) : 

Hey, New Panda is good stuff. =D

Blogger Saikat said ... (May 27, 2008 at 10:12 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger SarahW said ... (September 20, 2009 at 2:22 AM) : 

sounds good, You should feature your services/products on the Lake-forest community, classifieds section.

Post a Comment