Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thai Nakorn Update

Thai Nakorn fans can now rejoice. The owners will rebuild, but don't know where or when yet.

The Orange County Register has a brief update on the situation here.

Earlier this month, Orange County's Thai Nakorn burned to the ground. The cause of the fire still hasn't been determined yet.

Thai Nakorn was much loved and many of us mourned the loss. Owner Wanida Sreewarom said some of her regular customers offered money to help rebuild, with one fan offering to pay for a whole new restaurant. Now that's love.

Rebuilding on the same location will take more than three months though, so Sreewarom is scouting out other possible places.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Thai Nakorn Update"

Blogger KirkK said ... (January 29, 2007 at 1:18 PM) : 

That's good news. I've had this restaurant on my "list" for a while now.

Blogger Wandering Chopsticks said ... (January 29, 2007 at 7:10 PM) : 

Hi Kirk,
I was quite happy to hear the news too.

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (February 12, 2007 at 3:09 AM) : 

My present live in girl friend and I where Thai Nakorn junkies. I can't count the times we would spend hours tossing ideas of where to eat back and forth to finally with a smile in our eyes and a hunger in our bellies say simultaneously Thai Nakorn.

Their dishes always inspired me to try the next item on the menu and pleasantly never let me down. Pad Thai noodle and Spicy Wild boar where among my favorites.

One night we had a strong craving and after calling four times and getting nothing we drove over to find the restaurant boarded up with a fence around it. Until I just stumbled over this blog we had no idea what had happened to our favorite Thai restaurant.

So thank you for putting a mystery to bed and let us know our favorite Thai restaurant is down but not out. I look forward to tasting those wonderful pad thai noodles again.

Blogger Wandering Chopsticks said ... (February 13, 2007 at 7:02 PM) : 

Hi Chris,

I'm glad I was able to help you find out what happened.

It's fans like you that urges the owner of Thai Nakorn to rebuild.

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (August 2, 2007 at 12:00 PM) : 

Thai Nakorn is open again!!! on Beach and Chapman, been for a couple of months now. Still great food.

Post a Comment