Monday, May 7, 2007

Charlie Palmer @ South Coast Plaza - coming soon

I was in NYC for Thanksgiving week. We wined, we dined, we got engaged. Some of the most splendid dinners I've experienced thus far were over there. I could only wish for some of those chefs to imagine coming out to the West Coast. I guess the wish fairy was smiling down on me.

We found out earlier this year that Tom Colicchio was serving up a little Craft in Century City. I was elated. Somewhere I didn't have to fly to. THEN I hit the preview night at Bloomies South Coast Plaza and get even better news. Charlie Palmer has designs on a concept {plus wine store!} inside the department store this winter (I'm not holding my breath for fall). Lemme tell you, CP's Metrazur inside of Grand Central Station was a treat. This will surely knock my shoes off (i don't usually sport socks). He has an eye for style and a mind for great menus.

When the time comes to celebrate that special occassion -- book that reservation and utilize the valet. This is where fine dining is going to meet high fashion.

And no, I don't know why I have this tendancy to rave about places yet to open....I just like talking about good food.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Charlie Palmer @ South Coast Plaza - coming soon"

Blogger Julian Hsu said ... (May 8, 2007 at 3:18 PM) : 

Congratulations brekkie_fan! Looks like you won't have to travel quite so many miles to have a reminder of your engagement.

Post a Comment