Monday, January 29, 2007

Mattern's Deli

Hi, I'm new here and I just wanted to take a moment to say hello to all the other Orange County Food Bloggers (whose sites I frequent), as well as all you Orange County foodies out there. Now that we got that out of the way...

This past saturday I set out to have the perfect sandwich. It's no surprise my stomach led me straight to Mattern's Deli in Orange, which serves up old fashioned no-frills sandwiches at an affordable price.



The deli specializes in sandwiches, most notably the Poor Boy (on a roll) and the Rueben (heated). The Corned Beef, Black Forest Ham, or Liverwurst sandwiches are also pretty tasty. Mattern's is also known for their delicious Bratwursts (with mustard and saurkraut). Pair that with any number of the imported beers they have on hand and you've got yourself a damn near perfect lunch.



Mattern's also carries a wide variety of meats, sausage, bread, beer, cheeses, and chocolates that you're not likey to find anywhere else. Note that there are only six small tables located inside and that the lines tend to get long on the weekends around lunch time, however I have no doubt you will find it worth the wait. Mattern's is located at 4327 E Chapman Ave in Orange.

Mattern's Deli is located at:
4327 E Chapman Ave
Orange, CA 92869
(714) 639-3550

Labels: ,

Comments on "Mattern's Deli"

Blogger Melting Wok said ... (January 29, 2007 at 11:35 PM) : 

Great Asian version of Cajun's Po Boy :) hehe..so, where's the liver pete ?

Blogger elmomonster said ... (January 30, 2007 at 9:48 AM) : 

Welcome Jay! Great review!

Blogger Jay said ... (January 30, 2007 at 2:42 PM) : 

Mmm...I could go for some liver pate right now!

Blogger Jay said ... (January 30, 2007 at 2:43 PM) : 

Thanks elmomonster! I gotta get a little more wordy though. My reviews tend to be short, but to the point...I think. I also gotta work on taking more artsy photos like the rest of you food bloogers!

Blogger Chubbypanda said ... (January 30, 2007 at 11:30 PM) : 

Hey Jay! Welcome aboard! I'm glad we've finally got someone representing in the Orange area. For a while, I was afraid we were only going to have coverage of Central OC. Now we just need some South OC lovin'...

Sweet review. I love delis.

Blogger Julian Hsu said ... (January 31, 2007 at 7:12 PM) : 

Welcome, Jay! I'm always in the market for a nice sandwich, and my wife's office is down the road on Chapman. I'll have to check it out!

Julian

Post a Comment