Monday, February 19, 2007

Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream



My favorite political comedian and my favorite (store bought) ice cream come together at last. Last week Ben & Jerry announced a new ice cream flavor in honor of The Comedy Central comedian called Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream. It's vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and caramel. Ben & Jerry jokingly refer to it as "The sweet taste of liberty in your mouth". Colbert, who spoofs flag-waving conservatives on his show, The Colbert Report, is donating his proceeds to charity through the new Stephen Colbert Americone Dream Fund, which will distribute the money to various causes. Being the type of individual who is easily fixated on things I began looking for the new flavor at grocery stores in the Orange County area. After being unable to find it, I only wanted it more! I've since visited the Ben & Jerry's shop at The Block in Orange and a couple more grocery stores and I am still unable to locate the new flavor. Any of you foodies out there seen it?

Labels: ,

Comments on "Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream"

Blogger Chubbypanda said ... (February 19, 2007 at 7:00 PM) : 

I too have scoured Central and South OC to no avail. Sadness!

Blogger elmomonster said ... (February 20, 2007 at 2:02 PM) : 

Yup me too. Haven't found it anywhere!

Blogger ChristianZ said ... (February 22, 2007 at 3:13 PM) : 

I think Jon Stewart's buying it all up.

Blogger ChristianZ said ... (April 28, 2007 at 6:13 PM) : 

Finally found it today. The 7-Eleven at Warner and Euclid in Fountain Valley had five cartons of it. Couldn't get one because I was in no position to be eating any at the time and I wasn't going to be able to get it to a freezer in time. It could be at other 7-Elevens.

Post a Comment