Sunday, February 4, 2007

Jagerhaus

After a late night I tend to wake up craving hangover remedies like pho or pozole. The typical eggs and bacon just don't seem to cut it for me these days, but then again Jagerhaus doesn't serve your average breakfast. This past weekend I packed up the family and headed to Anaheim to partake in an authentic German breakfast.



I started off with the German Apple Pancakes, a moist fluffy apple-stuffed pancake topped with powdered sugar is eons away from the sort of pancake you'd get at ihop. The pancake is accompanied by a delicous homemade apple jam that also goes great on toast. I also sampled some of the Fresh Corned Beef Hash and Eggs with Tomatoes plate and the Farmers Breakfast (Ham, Bacon, Onion, Potato, and Eggs). It's worth noting just how good and different from the norm the bacon (not greasy in the least) and the corned beef hash are.



The last time I was here for breakfast I ordered the German Omelette (with Polish Sausage or Brautwurst) with Sauerkraut and Onions and it was as good as I imagined it would be. The Crailsheimer Potato Pancakes with Applesauce are also especially delicious. I can never manage to save room for dessert and if you're hoping to I'd suggest you bring your appitite.

Jagerhaus is located at:
2525 East Ball Road at 57 Fwy
Anaheim, CA 92806

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Jagerhaus"

Blogger H. C. said ... (February 8, 2007 at 10:22 PM) : 

Oooh.... that German Apple Pancake is reason enough to pay a visit (with a companion)!!

Post a Comment