Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm Living the Americone Dream

After reading Jay's post about how he's been hunting down the new Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor "Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream" I myself embarked on the same quest to locate it. Over a two or three month period I checked numerous supermarkets but to no avail. Finally, a couple weeks ago I found it at the 7-Eleven near the corner of Warner and Euclid in Fountain Valley. I wasn't able to buy any then but yesterday I went back and got a pint carton of it. I guess the fact that it can only be found at 7-Eleven is obviously to emphasize that 7-Eleven is the American Dream: convenience on every street corner.

Pictures provided as proof of my procurement (notice my "business" card):


The wording on the back of the carton says: "Nation! Have a cold, bold, caramel-swirled, fudgecoveredwaffle-cone-loaded spoonful of Truth: This is Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream! Sweeter than the Bill of Rights, colder than Valley Forge & with twice as much caramel as the Louisiana Purchase. This is the only ice cream with an official thumbs-up from America's greatest news corres-pundit. Please enjoy... or go On Notice!" After that there's a bunch of text about how Ben & Jerry's opposes recombinant bovine growth hormone. My own personal "Americone Dream" is that one day we will all oppose recombinant bovine growth hormone. Ben & Jerry can't oppose it all on their own. Believe me, I'm all for opposing recombinant bovine growth hormone (whatever the heck it is), I'm just glad the Thrifty ice cream cones I got when I was a kid didn't have messages about it.


In a county where Mexican food is omnipresent yet the Americone Dream is hard to find and when we are approaching Memorial Day weekend let us all remember the fallen heroes of our country by hotfooting it over to that 7-Eleven in Fountain Valley and buying ourselves a pint of Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream. Make sure to share it with your amigos and your familia. And if your perro's nice then give him some too. And maybe when Labor Day comes around I'll actually have a job . . . and some new ice cream to write about.

I still await the day when Stephen Colbert invites me on to his fake news show. Actually, I'd much rather go on his cousin Esteban's show: ¡Colberto Reporto Gigante!

(Image hosting courtesy of Image Shack.)

Comments on "I'm Living the Americone Dream"

Blogger Darlene said ... (May 24, 2007 at 9:31 AM) : 

Funny about adding your biz card to the carton of ice cream in the photo.

Last time I saw that was on eBay last fall for those very few and coveted Playstation 3 and Wii for sale as proof that the seller did have them in hand.

Will your carton of Americone Dream be found on eBay soon? :)

Blogger ChristianZ said ... (May 24, 2007 at 10:50 AM) : 

My empty carton will be.

Blogger Chubbypanda said ... (May 24, 2007 at 2:32 PM) : 

You lucky dog. I've been looking for that stuff for months. Warner and Euclid, did you say? Hmmm...

Blogger ChristianZ said ... (May 24, 2007 at 4:13 PM) : 

Yep, of course other 7-Elevens may have it too.

Blogger elmomonster said ... (May 27, 2007 at 7:47 AM) : 

So how does it taste?

Blogger elmomonster said ... (May 27, 2007 at 7:47 AM) : 

Dreamy?

Blogger ChristianZ said ... (May 27, 2007 at 11:11 AM) : 

Like vanilla ice cream with caramel and chocolate-covered waffle cone pieces. Nothing different than what you'd expect.

Blogger Jay said ... (June 1, 2007 at 2:33 PM) : 

Hey Christian, love your post...I can definitly relate!

Here's a link to the Flavor Locater from Ben & Jerry's official site. Just enter your zip and all the locations that carry the particular flavor you are looking for will magically appear!

Happy eating.

http://www.benjerry.com/our_products/flavor_locator/

Post a Comment